Sunday, November 13, 2011

H&M winter coat



When I moved to New York a few months ago I donated most of my winter coats to charity. We were running out of room in our moving boxes when packing up our Boston apartment, and the coats in our coat closet were old and worn, so I decided they were going to the Goodwill instead of making the move. The intention was to eventually buy a new coat or two once we were settled in New York and the weather started to get cold.

Without any winter coats, I found myself ill prepared for the snow storm a few weeks back, and promptly ran to H&M to get any coat that I could find. They were having an amazing sale on their outerwear, which I believe is still going on. For $60 total I picked up two warm winter coats, one black and one camel. In the photo above, which I snapped on my way out the door to dinner, I paired the coat with a black floral scarf, black fingerless gloves, a fringe and gold beaded necklace, and, my favorite part, a gold "L" pin...I am channeling Laverne and Shirley.

If you are looking for a similar camel coat to complete your winter wardrobe, here are some options:




Clockwise from top:
Washable Hooded Coat, 65 GBP, Topshop